Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thanks for our Family Dog

One day, many years ago, my dad and I were going to head to the humane society and adopt a collie that they had advertised. I was so excited to get a new dog to add to our family and so happy Dad asked me to come with him, we are both big dog lovers. Of course, because I was in like 7th or 8th grade, I could not leave the house until I had curled my girl-mullet and put on make up (that I was finally allowed to wear), so we left the house much later than anticipated. 

Dad waited patiently (I think) and by the time we made it to the humane society, the collie dog was already adopted. Luckily for me, I have a dad who wanted another dog as much as I did, so we ended up bringing home Sam, a sheltie-mutt dog who quickly became one of the best dogs we ever had. Today I am thankful for a dad who didn't lose his mind while waiting for his newly teen daughter to get dressed, fully apply her makeup and do her hair all to get ready to go to the pound, because we ended up with the perfect dog for our family

No comments:

Post a Comment