Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thanks to Dad- Karaoke and Missouri

Thanks to my dad for buying a house in the Ozarks in Missouri for several years, a home where I  paid many a visit.  Why am I thankful for this?  Yes, there was lots of family time on the lake down there boating and jet skiing, but there was also an afternoon at a bar called The Dummy, where I drank a little too much and sang a little karaoke.  That's not really news in itself, but the big deal is that while I was singing my version of "Like a Virgin", a Missourian shared with my father that he thought I sounded really good.  That had never happened before and it has never happened since and if you've heard me sing, you will know why.  So, because my parents decided to buy a home in Missouri, where people are evidently tone-deaf, I was paid a compliment that will never, ever, happen again.   I will always be thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment